The S13VxF5 family of efficient switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) use a buck-boost topology to convert both higher and lower input voltages to a regulated 5 V output. They take input voltages from 2.8 V to 22 V and increase or decrease them as necessary, offering a typical efficiency of over 85% and typical continuous output currents between 1 A and 3 A . The flexibility in input voltage offered by this family of regulators is especially well-suited for battery-powered applications in which the battery voltage begins above 5 V and drops below as the battery discharges. Without the typical restriction on the battery voltage staying above the required voltage throughout its life, new battery packs and form factors can be considered.
The different members of this family offer different continuous output currents:
- S13V10F5: 1 A continuous output current
- S13V15F5: 1.5 A continuous output current
- S13V20F5: 2 A continuous output current
- S13V30F5: 3 A continuous output current
The regulators have under-voltage lockout, output over-voltage protection, and over-current protection. A thermal shutdown feature also helps prevent damage from overheating and a soft-start feature limits the inrush current and gradually ramps the output voltage on startup. The larger 3 A S13V30F5 has reverse-voltage protection up to 20 V, but the S13V10F5, S13V15F5, and S13V20F5 do not.
- Input voltage: 2.8 V to 22 V
- Output voltage: 5 V with 3% accuracy
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 1 A (see the maximum continuous output current graph below)
- Typical efficiency of 85% to 95%, depending on input voltage and load (see the efficiency graph below)
- 10 mA to 20 mA typical no-load quiescent current (see the quiescent current graph below)
- Input under-voltage lockout and output over-voltage protection
- Soft-start feature limits inrush current and gradually ramps output voltage
- Over-current protection and over-temperature shutoff
- 1 A output current limit
- Fixed switching frequency of ~500 kHz
- Compact size: 8.9 mm × 12.1 mm × 4.2 mm
- Minimum operating voltage: 2.8 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 22 V
- Continuous output current: 1 A
- Output voltage: 5 V
- Reverse voltage protection?: N
- Maximum quiescent current: 20 mA
- Output type: fixed 5V
Maximum continuous output current:
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customs Tariff Number:
Country of origin:
This depends on where you are located. After the order is handed over to UPS, the delivery time in Germany is about 2-3 days, within Europe about 1 week.
We ship our orders with UPS (United Parcel Service).