The SGP40 does not return specific concentrations or VOC gases. Instead, it outputs a digital value based on common VOC gases present in an indoor environment and this value can be combined with Sensirion's VOC Index Algorithm to detect the relative intensity of VOC events in relation to the average readings in a 24hr period. Think of the SGP40 as a sensitive electronic nose for detecting VOCs in a room.
The SGP40 communicates via I2C so naturally we broke out the pins on the sensor to Qwiic connectors so you can easily connect it to SparkFun's ever growing Qwiic Ecosystem!
- I2C Address: 0x59
- 1.7V - 3.6V (Typ. 3.3V) operation voltage
- 2.6mA during continuous operation (at 3.3V)
- 34µA when idle (heater off)
- Digital raw value (SRAW): 0 - 65535 ticks
- Digital processed value (VOC Index): 0 - 500 VOC Index points
- Time until reliably detecting VOC events: <60s
- Time until specifications are met: <1h
- VOC Index: 1s
- SRAW: 0.5s - 10s (Typ. 1s)
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customs Tariff Number:
Country of origin:
This depends on where you are located. After the order is handed over to UPS, the delivery time in Germany is about 2-3 days, within Europe about 1 week.
We ship our orders with UPS (United Parcel Service).