The big news is that the Tsunami has eight audio output channels, arranged as either eight mono or four stereo pairs. Alternate versions of firmware support either mono or stereo architecture – you choose. The mono version adds a new “Synced Set” trigger function that can start up to eight mono tracks on adjacent outputs. These tracks will start and stay in sample-sync for playing stereo or even 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound content with a single trigger. Any track can be dynamically routed to any output. And each output provides independent real-time volume and sample-rate conversion (pitch bend). For your convenience, the Tsunami also has full Arduino and Python libraries available, as well!
Each Tsunami Super WAV Trigger has a dedicated MIDI port with an integrated opto-isolator, making it easy to connect to any MIDI controller. Tsunami’s MIDI implementation includes control of volume, pitch bend, attack and release times, and the ability to route any MIDI key to any of the output channels, as well as specifying single-shot or looping playback per key. It is very important to know that this is a 3.3V device, and its inputs – including triggers and serial RX – are not 5V tolerant!
Note: The Tsunami Super WAV Trigger will only work properly if your uSD card is formatted with the correct file allocation size (32Kb). If this is set incorrectly during formatting, then the Tsunami will show very erratic behavior and occasionally crash.
- Supports up to 4096 uncompressed 16-bit, 44.1kHz mono or stereo WAV files – CD quality
- Polyphonic1 – Play and mix 25 mono or 13 stereo tracks independently and simultaneously
- Eight audio output channels can be arranged as 4 stereo outputs. Route any track to any output
- Outputs provide independent real-time playback rate control and MIDI Pitch Bend
- Seamless looping over an arbitrary track length
- Trigger-to-sound delay: 8msecs typ, 12msecs max
- Pause and resume individual or groups of tracks
- Multiple random trigger ranges
- 16 trigger inputs are individually selectable for contact closure or 3.3Vcontrol
- Trigger inputs can be individually inverted (active low or high)
- Trigger inputs can be individually set to be edge, latched, or level sensitive
- Output volumes adjustable from +10dB to -70dB
- Firmware track fades (attacks & decays)
- A dedicated “Play” status digital output pin
- Extensive serial control. Pin compatible with SparkFun FTDI Basic 3.3V
- MIDI Velocity-sensitive triggering of up to 4096 tracks, adjustable attack and release times
- USB-C and PTH inputs for power
- Qwiic Connector
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customs Tariff Number:
Country of origin:
This depends on where you are located. After the order is handed over to UPS, the delivery time in Germany is about 2-3 days, within Europe about 1 week.
We ship our orders with UPS (United Parcel Service).