The STHS34PF80 sensor is designed to measure an object's precise black-body radiation (as described by Plank's law) and monitor ambient temperature conditions within its 80° field of view. The sensor comprises a matrix of floating vacuum thermal transistors MOS split into two parts, one exposed to IR radiation and the other shielded. The differential reading between the segments allows the sensor to remove self-heating effects. The STHS34PF80 also incorporates algorithms to detect and discriminate between stationary and moving objects. These features enable the sensor to work as a human presence and motion sensor in different applications such as alarm systems, anti-intruder systems, smart lighting, and room occupancy.
The sensor can operate in multiple lighting conditions and is unaffected by visible light or other bands thanks to the 5 to 20µm optical band-pass filter. The STHS34PF80 has output data rates between 0.25 to 30Hz and an available single-shot, accessed through its I2C/SPI interface.
Breakout Board Features:
- Dimensions: 1.0in. x 0.5in.
- Two Qwiic Connectors
- I2C Address (7-bit): 0x5A (Default)
- Two Mounting Holes:
- 4-40 screw compatible
- Six PTH Pins
- 3V3, GND, SCL, SDA, CS, INT
- Power LED (Red)
- Voltage Range: 1.7 to 3.6V
- Current Draw: 10µA
- Interfaces: I²C or SPI
- Optical wavelength: 5 to 20µm
- Range: 4m (objects 70 x 25cm² in size)
- Built-in Detection Algorithms:
- Identify stationary objects
- Distinguish between stationary and moving objects
- Field of View: 80°
- Output Data Rate: 0.25 to 30Hz
- IR sensitivity: 2000 LSB/°C
- RMS noise: 25 LSBrms
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 85°C (default gain mode)
- Sensor accuracy: ±0.3°C (local)
- One-shot mode
- Factory calibrated
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customs Tariff Number:
Country of origin:
This depends on where you are located. After the order is handed over to UPS, the delivery time in Germany is about 2-3 days, within Europe about 1 week.
We ship our orders with UPS (United Parcel Service).