- Simple bidirectional control of one DC brush motor.
- 5.5 V to 30 V (18v7, 18v15, and 18v25) or 40 V (24v12 and 24v23) operating supply range.
- 7 A to 25 A maximum continuous current output without a heat sink, depending on controller model
- Four communication or control options:
- USB interface for direct connection to a PC.
- Logic-level (TTL) serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers.
- Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller.
- 0?3.3 V analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks.
- Simple configuration and calibration over USB with free configuration program (Windows 8, 7, Vista, Windows XP, and Linux compatible).
- Comprehensive user?s guide with plenty of connection diagrams and sample code.
- Adjustable maximum acceleration and deceleration to limit electrical and mechanical stress on the system.
- Adjustable starting speed, maximum speed, and amount of braking when speed is zero.
- Optional safety controls to avoid unexpectedly powering the motor.
- Input calibration (learning) and adjustable scaling degree for analog and RC signals.
- Under-voltage shutoff with hysteresis for use with batteries vulnerable to over-discharging (e.g. LiPo cells).
- Adjustable over-temperature threshold and response.
- Adjustable PWM frequency from 1 kHz to 22 kHz (maximum frequency is ultrasonic, eliminating switching-induced audible motor shaft vibration).
- Error LED linked to a digital ERR output, and connecting the error outputs of multiple controllers together optionally causes all connected controllers to shut down when any one of them experiences an error.
- Field-upgradeable firmware.
- Controllable from a computer with native USB, via serial commands sent to the device?s virtual serial (COM) port, or via TTL serial through the device?s RX/TX pins.
- Example code in C#, Visual Basic .NET, and Visual C++ is available in the Pololu USB Software Development Kit
- Optional CRC error detection to eliminate communication errors caused by noise or software faults.
- Optional command timeout (shut off motors if communication ceases).
- Supports automatic baud rate detection from 1200 bps to 500 kbps, or can be configured to run at a fixed baud rate.
- Supports standard compact and Pololu protocols as well as the Scott Edwards Mini SSC protocol and an ASCII protocol for simple serial control from a terminal program.
- Optional serial response delay for communicating with half-duplex controllers such as the Basic Stamp.
- Controllers can be easily chained together and to other Pololu serial motor and servo controllers to control hundreds of motors using a single serial line.
- 1/4 µs pulse measurement resolution.
- Works with RC pulse frequencies from 10 to 333 Hz.
- Configurable parameters for determining what constitutes an acceptable RC signal.
- Two RC channels allow for single-stick (mixed) motor control, making it easy to use two simple motor controllers in tandem on an RC-controlled differential-drive robot (you might find our RC servo Y splitter cables useful for connecting two SMCs to a single RC receiver).
- RC channels can be used in any mode as limit or kill switches (e.g. use an RC receiver to trigger a kill switch on your autonomous robot).
- Battery elimination circuit (BEC) jumper can power the RC receiver with 5 V or 3.3 V.
- Analog features:
- 0.8 mV (12-bit) measurement resolution.
- Works with 0 to 3.3 V inputs.
- Optional potentiometer/joystick disconnect detection.
- Two analog channels allow for single-stick (mixed) motor control, making it easy to use two simple motor controllers in tandem on a joystick-controlled differential-drive robot.
- Analog channels can be used in any mode as limit or kill switches.
- Size: 2.3" x 1.2" x 0.4"
- Weight: 12 g1
- Motor channels: 1
- Control interface: USB; non-inverted TTL serial2
- Minimum operating voltage: 5.5 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 30 V
- Continuous output current per channel: 25 A3
- Maximum PWM frequency: 21.77 kHz
- Maximum logic voltage: 3.3 V4
- Reverse voltage protection?: N
- Partial kit?: Y
- 1.Without included hardware.
- 2.Autodetects baud rates between 1200 and 500,000 bps, or can be set to any fixed baud rate in this range.
- 3.Typical results at room temperature without a heat sink.
- 4.All digital inputs are 5V tolerant.
- Pololu Simple Motor Controller User?s Guide
- Pololu USB Software Development Kit
- Application Note: Using AutoHotkey with Pololu USB Products
- Simple Motor Controller Windows Drivers and Software (release 121204)
- Simple Motor Controller Linux Software (release 101119)
- Firmware version 1.04 for the Simple Motor Controllers
- Flowstone module for Simple Motor Controllers
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customs Tariff Number:
Country of origin:
This depends on where you are located. After the order is handed over to UPS, the delivery time in Germany is about 2-3 days, within Europe about 1 week.
We ship our orders with UPS (United Parcel Service).