- First up, the ultra-high density means much higher power usage over a certain distance -35 Watts max (~7 Amps @ 5V). The max rating is assuming all the LEDs are on full white, usually the actual current for colorful design is about 1/3 to 1/2 the max current. A good power supply such as our 5V 10A supply is key!
- Second, to get high density, the controller chip is inside the LED, which is kind of cool, but also means that the chip only uses a single pin for input and a single pin for output. The protocol used is very very timing-specific and can only be controlled by microcontrollers with highly repeatable 100nS timing precision. We have example code for using with the Arduino Uno/Mega microcontroller at 8MHz and 16MHz, but it will not work with the Raspberry Pi, Basic Stamp, NETduino, any other interpreted/virtual machine microprocessor or any processor slower than 8 MHz. For those processors, check our 32 LED/meter digital LED strip which has SPI-like input/output and works well with Pi, NETduino, and other processors.
- Third, just because you have all those pixels doesn't mean you have the RAM for it - the entire strip must be buffered in memory, and we've found many Arduino UNO projects only have about 500bytes of RAM available after all the extras are included - enough for about 1 meter of the 144 LED pixels. If you want to drive multiple meters and have some other libraries included, use a Mega.
- This strip does not come with a waterproof sheathing, we're working on it but as it's a custom sized strip, the sheathing is custom too. We have no ETA as to when we will have the waterproof version, for now we only have this version available!
- 144 LEDs per meter
- Maximum 5V @ 60mA draw per LED (all LEDs on full brightness)
- 5VDC power requirement (do not exceed 6VDC) - no polarity protection!
- 1 integrated RGB LEDs per segment, individually controllable
- LED wavelengths: 630nm/530nm/475nm
- Connector: 3-pin JST SM
- Dimensions: 1000mm / 39.37" x 12mm / 0.47"
- Power Lead: 196.85mm / 7.75"
- Connect Lead: 92.07mm / 3.62"
- Weight: 35.42g
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Customs Tariff Number:
Country of origin:
This depends on where you are located. After the order is handed over to UPS, the delivery time in Germany is about 2-3 days, within Europe about 1 week.
We ship our orders with UPS (United Parcel Service).