This small shield is an easy, economical way to control two small brushed DC motors with an Arduino or Arduino-compatible board. Its integrated DRV8835 dual motor driver operates from 2 V to 11 V, making it a great control option for low-voltage motors. The shield can deliver a continuous 1.2 A (1.5 A peak) per motor, or a continuous 2.4 A (3 A peak) to a single motor when configured with both channels connected in parallel.
This motor driver shield and its corresponding Arduino library make it easy to control a pair of bidirectional, brushed DC motors with an Arduino or Arduino clone. The board features Texas Instruments? DRV8835 dual H-bridge motor driver IC, which operates from 2 V to 11 V and is particularly well suited for driving small, low-voltage motors. The shield can deliver a continuous 1.2 A per channel and tolerate peak currents up to 1.5 A per channel for a few seconds, and the channels can be optionally configured to run in parallel to deliver twice the current to a single motor. The shield ships fully populated with its SMD components, including the DRV8835 driver and a FET for reverse battery protection; header pins for interfacing with an Arduino and terminal blocks for connecting motors and power are included but are not soldered in.
The shield uses digital pins 7, 8, 9, and 10 for its control lines, though the control pin mappings can be customized if the defaults are not convenient. It should be compatible with any board that has a standard Arduino pin arrangement and the ability to generate PWM signals on pins 9 and 10, such as an Arduino Uno, Leonardo, Due, or Mega 2560.
This shield is intended to provide a low-cost, basic motor driver option for Arduinos, so it is much smaller than typical Arduino shields and does not include pass-through, stackable headers. For higher-power drivers with more configuration options, see our larger MC33926 and VNH5019 motor driver shields.
For a higher-voltage alternative to this shield, please consider the A4990 dual motor driver shield. We also have a smaller DRV8835 carrier (and an even smaller single-channel DRV8838 carrier) for those using something other than an Arduino or with tighter space constraints.
- Dual-H-bridge motor driver: can drive two DC motors or one bipolar stepper motor
- Motor supply voltage: 2 V to 11 V
- Logic supply voltage 2 V to 7 V
- Output current: 1.2 A continuous (1.5 A peak) per motor
- Motor outputs can be paralleled to deliver 2.4 A continuous (3 A peak) to a single motor
- PWM operation up to 250 kHz (ultrasonic frequencies allow for quieter motor operation)
- Two possible interface modes: PHASE/ENABLE (default ? one pin for direction, another for speed) or IN/IN (outputs mostly mirror inputs)
- Shield can optionally power the Arduino base directly when motor supply voltage is suitable
- Arduino library makes it easy to get started using this board as a motor driver shield
- Arduino pin mappings can be customized if the default mappings are not convenient
- Reverse-voltage protection on motor power supply
- Under-voltage lockout and protection against over-current and over-temperature
Ihre Zahlungsinformationen werden sicher verarbeitet. Wir speichern keine Kreditkartendaten und haben auch keinen Zugang zu Ihren Kreditkartendaten.
Das hängt davon da, wo Sie sich befinden. Nach Übergabe der Bestellung an UPS beträgt die Lieferzeit in Deutschland ca. 2-3 Tage, innerhalb Europas ca. 1 Woche.
Wir versenden unsere Artikel mit unserem Versandpartner UPS.